Friday, January 11, 2008

A Salesperson's GIFTS

Are you using all the G.I.F.T.S that the higher power has given to you? When I ask most sales people, the almost immediate answer I have is, No. They often tell me that they don’t even know what are G.I.F.T.S.

So how does a person use his or her G.I.F.T.S to instantly create more sales? Here, let me present to you, the G.I.F.T.S of a salesperson.

G = Greed

This is one the few that almost all of us know how to use. To use greed is to throw in as many FREE or CHEAP bonuses as possible.

“If you were to buy/register/sign up now, you will get bonus 1, bonus 2, this and that and all of this are worth more than $XXXX.”

I = Indifference

Not many people will agree with me when I tell them to use Indifference. Most of them will tell me that this will allow customers to have an option to say no. But, let me ask you, how many of you like to be sold and let the salesperson make all the decisions for you? I believe less than 5% of the population in the world will like this idea.

Therefore, I use Indifference in almost all of my sales pitch and it works perfectly fine. All I need to add in my pitch is, “It is up to you. In fact, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.” After mentioning this and adding some selling points, I would proceed to perform another test close.

F = Fear Of Loss

Fear of Loss is one of the commonly used GIFTS by salespeople and marketers. You must have heard of people telling you that this offer is only for today and you will not get the same offer the next day.

Sounds familiar? That is Fear Of Loss. Alternatively, you can also use terms like, “I only have 2 more sets left” or anything similar. Just need to let the customer feel that they will be losing out something if they do not take action today.

T = Theory Of Jones

This theory of Jones is one way to give assurance to customers who are almost buying but still hesitating. Use this to turn around negatives and objections. It is a wonderful tool that sales people can use.

“I understand that concern of yours. In fact, 90% or my clients have this concern initially when I spoke to them. However, like I have mentioned…”

Use someone that the client knows or see to make him or her feel comfortable. “Before Bill got this product, he asked me the same question too and I will let you know what I told him.”

S = Sense Of Urgency

Use sense of urgency by showing excitement in your body language and the speed you speak. Do not speak too fast though. Just imagine a salesperson talking to you in a monotone and slowly. What will you do? For me, I will be totally uninterested and cut him off.

Do you want to be cut off or bored people? If not, show more interest in your product and speak with excitement. Selling is about transferring emotions.

Find out out more sales tips at my webby at www.elitecloser.com. I will give you another gift for you to increase sales revenue and make selling easier.

Happy Selling!
Andy P.
elitecloser.com

No comments: